Friday, March 9, 2012

Super Sweet

Most Adorable Moment of the Day (it's actually a tie):

1) Jake was in the office with Madeline and they were looking at a world map on the wall.  He told her China is so populated that people are allowed only 1 child.  Maddie's response: "Good thing we live in Kentucky so I can have my little brother."  Umm... ridiculously sweet.

2) Madeline's good friend, Gavin, came to pick her up for a "date" tonight and brought a bouquet of flowers.  They were so stinkin cute when they left.
***update: during their date, Gavin was running after Maddie and fell right into the corner of a metal handrail. He ended up getting stitches in his forehead!  Poor little guy, although he is a really tough kid.  A date to remember for sure, and possibly a scar to prove it.

I hope I'm not tooting my own horn here, but I am very happy, hopeful, and excited with how well our new organized schedule works.  I've been trying different things this past year, and I think I may have just found the winner!  These past 2 weeks have gone so smooth, and that's with adding in all of the extra subjects.  Even though it is a schedule, it doesn't feel like a strict and rigid schedule, maybe more of a guideline.  I love that it still allows us to have flexibility without me having to rewrite an entire week of planning.  I've also found a free online planner and tracker, Homeschool Skedtrack.  I just enter in what we've done and then can print it out at the end of the year to keep for computerized documentation. Love feeling so organized!

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, Maddie is so sweet, being thankful for Travis :)

    Your blog is very motivating for me, inspiring me to get on a better school schedule, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is she! Glad ur so organized and finding a good rhythm, that's great.

    ReplyDelete