Friday, May 25, 2012

Snake in the bush

I never thought I'd say this.... but I really sort-of like the snake that lives in the bush out front.  I'm usually not a fan of snakes at all, but this guy makes my kids really happy, and he is outside.  NOT inside. And he is harmless.  So I like him.  He unknowingly entertains the kids and can stop a tantrum or argument in the blink of an eye.  All Jake or I have to say is, "Is the snake in the bush?"  Both kids immediately stop what they are doing and run to look out the window.  They will stare for a few minutes inspecting for any sign of a moving branch if the snake is not nestled in his little nest.  My mother-in-law made me feel a bit better about having him around by saying that he is here because there is some sort of food source and that we'd rather have the snake than the food source.  She is right.  


Now, even though I've somewhat admitted to liking this snake, I've still handed the bush trimming duties over to Jake.  I only like to look at the snake through the window, not potentially chopping it in half with trimming shears.  Good thing my husband is not freaked out by them so he can show the kids a thing or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment