Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pre-recital pics and misc rambling

Yesterday was picture day for the upcoming recital in Madeline's dance class.  All the sparkly little dancers were so adorable and I'm really looking forward to the recital.  I purchased the tickets yesterday, but since they went on sale over a week ago, the only seats left were way in the back on the left side.  I really hope we'll be able to see her and that she's at least positioned on the left hand side of the stage.

Here's a picture of Madeline and one of her best friends, all sparkled up:


Too cute!  I love how kids define their best friends.  Madeline and this girl are inseparable in class, but really haven't hung out any other time, yet they are still the bestest of friends! Haha!

I just absolutely love her smile in the picture below.  Of course, I'm completely unbiased when it comes to my kid's cuteness.


It's hard to believe her dance class is almost over for the year. She started in August and it feels like it's gone by so fast.  Actually, it seems everything is going by too fast.

As of right now, we don't have her signed up for anything during the summer.  A friend told me about a homeschooling t-ball league, but I'm not sure if it's past registration or not.  I'm thinking about signing her and Travis up for swim lessons though, and Jake and I should probably make a decision pretty soon.  Last summer, we had pool passes and went at least once a week.  Even though there are quite a few pools around here, we always had to go to the one across town so they could walk around in the kiddie pool.  The other pools have the zero-entry and went too deep for my little people's preference.  Both kids liked walking in the kiddie pool, but didn't want to get too wet or play on the slides.  They wouldn't even splash in the pool fountain. It doesn't make much sense, does it?  Once the water hit thigh level, they freaked out because they didn't want to get wet and Maddie didn't like to get her swim suit wet.  I mean, we were in a pool and they didn't want to get wet?!?!?  Who are these people?  Thankfully, the bath is the exception.  I wonder if they'd do well with swim lessons this season, or if they'd just be freaking out the entire time while the instructors beg me to remove them from class and never return.  I'm afraid if we wait too long with Madeline, there would be no super-beginner classes for kids afraid of the the water offered for her age next year.  Something to consider, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Love the dance pictures! I'm sure she'll do great this weekend! Let me know what you decide on swim lessons. We've never done them but have been discussing them for this summer as well. If you decide to do it, maybe we could join the same class(es). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna! That would be fun to do the same class. I'm thinking we'll probably start off with just a pool pass, then see about signing up for a late summer class depending on how they do. We should definitely meet at the pool though!

    ReplyDelete