Saturday, June 9, 2012

Divine reality {Mind Blown}

Epiphany: (n.) the manifestation of a supernatural or divine reality

Yes, I had a moment of divine reality a few days ago. Have you ever realized that you've been doing something incorrectly your entire existence?  I have... this past Thursday, to be exact.  I learned that for the past many many years, I've been doing this one thing "the normal way".  No more.  

What I am about to show you will leave you dumbfounded, yet extremely thankful.... the correct way to eat a cupcake.  You, too, have most likely been doing this wrong.

But first, the youngins' way:

The look below is only acceptable if you are under the age of, let's say.... 7, and that's being pretty generous.  The crazed cowboy picture on the left was taken last summer after Travis ate a cupcake with red frosting.  It makes me laugh, but he will probably be mad at me for this some day.  Sorry buddy!  The photo on the right was taken on the day of the epiphany (last Thursday, remember?).


Now, back to the important stuff... .do you ever seem to struggle with getting a bite of frosting and cupcake together without looking like a complete idiot?  Either you end up with just bite of cupcake,  just a mouthful of frosting, or a messy face/hands combo trying to get both in one bite. Neither of these is a good scenario.  Why should we ruin the fun of cupcakes with the worry of eating them neatly?  (Actually, that is a bit of a lie.  I don't really care what I end up looking like until I have no more cupcake to eat.  Then I just feel silly.)

So, here it is. Be prepared that you are about to learn this piece of information that will forever change your life.  Do what you will with it.

1) Hold cupcake.


2) Tear the bottom half off and place it on top of the frosting.
  
3) Eat and enjoy! 

Why hadn't I thought of that at least 20 years ago?  Near mess free, and frosting with every bite.  Thanks to a few friends to show me this bit of awesomeness.... you know who you are. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! Man does that cupcake look good though. I love reading your blog! I don't always get to say that so I wanted to make sure you know. You are such a good homeschooler and I learn so much as if I'm in school too. Although I don't eat cupcakes anymore, at least I now know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacey! That is so sweet of you to say! I miss you all... we need to get together very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete