Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Preschool pre-writing


So I realize I do not make many posts as far as preschool things that we do with Travis.  I should probably post some of the activities, huh?  He has been more and more interested when we do school with Madeline and got somewhat upset today that he couldn't write in her handwriting book.  You should have seen the smile on his face when I told him he could do writing also.  My friend, Anna, posted a writing activity on her blog and I thought it would be fun to do with Travis.  You write a letter on a chalkboard, then have the child trace the letter with a wet Q-tip. After that, they can go over the wet mark with a dry sponge or cotton ball, then trace over the dry mark with chalk.  This worked pretty well for Travis, but I think next time we do this we will use a wet cotton ball instead of Q-tip to make a more prominent mark on the chalkboard.  He did a few letters and you could tell that he felt pretty proud of himself!


















In the above picture he had just traced over some dry marks that he made, but since the wet Q-tip didn't erase all of my marks, it's kind of hard to see what he wrote.

Maddie took it upon herself to finish the rest of her 'My Printing Book' workbook today.  That means she just completed pages 75-92!!  The only page that's left is the Final Check where I make sure her letters are still being formed correctly.  I'm glad I already have the next handwriting book here and will be looking through it this week to see if we're ready to start on it or just practice random copy work or poems or what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment